We are proud to announce this year’s TDC67 and 24TDC Competitions’ Best in Show winner from COLLINS San Francisco as well as our Judges’ Choice and Student monetary award winners.
This year’s TDC67 Communications Design Competition featured more than 1,500 entries from 66 countries. Only 254 entries were selected as this year’s top winners.
In the 24TDC Typeface Design Competition, we received over 220 entries and only 20 were selected as this year’s winners. All of this year’s winners are featured in our online showcase here.
In addition to the winning work, our 13 judges selected their Judges’ Choice, which are featured in the video above as well as in the front of this year’s The World’s Best Typography®, Typography 42 annual
The top winner in the Communications Design Student Competition who received a $1,000 prize is Troy Vasilakis for his “This is Not You” project. He is a student at Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City.
Our second-place winner will receive a $500 prize is Shuchen Xu, for her “Craigslist Rebranding“” project. She attends the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
The third-place winner in the student competition who received a $300 prize is Akshita Chandra, for her “Breathe project.” She attends the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA).
In the 24TDC Typeface Design Competition, this year’s 1st Place Student winner who receives a $1,000 monetary award is Ruggero Magri from Catania, Italy for his “Gesto Type Family.” He is a student of the TypeMedia program, Royal Academy of Art (KABK), Den Haag.
Please join us in congratulating all of this year’s winners!
TDC67 Communication Design Judges’ Choices:
- “Have I Ever Told You Black Lives Matter” by Champions Design New York for Tilbury House Publishers in Books (Leandro Assis, artist, art director, Lebassis, Rio de Janeiro)
- “The All-Seeing Eye” by The New York Times Magazine in Editorial (Joyce N. Ho, motion designer, New York)
- “The Culture Issue” by The New York Times Magazine in Editorial (Jason Sfetko, senior designer, Nike, Portland)
- “Madre” by Voice Adelaide for Madre in Identity/Branding (Jason Ramirez, designer, art director, Penguin Publishing Group, New York)
- “The Cup Brand Identity“ by GrandArmy New York for The Cup in Identity/Branding (Melissa Deckert, cofounder, Party of One Studio, Brooklyn)
- “Saari LogoType” by Renan Vizzotto, Parma, Italy for Saari Chocolate in Logotype (Marta Cerda Alimbau, designer, typographer, Barcelona)
- “Perry Mason” by Shine Studio Los Angeles for HBO in Movie Titles/Feature Film/Opening Titles (Leland Maschmeyer, chief creative officer, New York)
24TDC Typeface Design Judges’ Choices:
- “LiebeHeide Color Font” by Ulrike Rausch Berlin for LiebeFonts (Sandra Garcia, cofounder, designer, art director, Tipas Type, Mexico City)
- “Coca-Cola Care Font” by Yin Qiu, Jia Yang, and Yichao Xu, CoolCharacter and FounderType, Shanghai and Beijing, for Coca-Cola China (Ryoko Nishizuka, principal designer of Japanese typography, Adobe, Tokyo)
- “Vazeh Classic Quranic Typeface” by Reza Bakhtiarifard and Omid Emamian Tehran for Ofogh Rooydad Co. (Nadine Chahine, principal, ArabicType Ltd., London)
- “Huai” by Potch Auacherdkul° Bangkok (Agyei Archer, designer, art director, Agyei Design, Woodbrook (Trinidad and Tobago)
- “SF Symbols 2” by Apple Design Team Cupertino (Peter Bil’ak, cofounder, Typotheque, The Hague)
- “MASADA Hebrew/Latin Extended Type Family” by Michal Sahar, Hagilda Tel Aviv (Noël Leu, cofounder, Grilli Type, Lucerne)