TDC Superscript Scholarship
The TDC Superscript Scholarship sponsored by Monotype recognizes students of color studying in the type design discipline at a college or university in the United States. The new scholarship will be awarded to one person of color, currently in their junior year of college or first year of graduate school, who demonstrates exceptional talent and skill in the use of typography (excellence and promise in type design) across current media – print, digital, and beyond.
To submit your application send a completed application form and pdf portfolio to director@tdc. org with the subject “Superscript Scholarship Application”. Include a download link (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) or use a file transfer service (wetransfer.com, etc.).
- A written statement
- Three samples of work completed in school
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Signed statement
- Letters of recommendation for those candidates who advance to the second round
- Statement showing financial need
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or
be in possession of a Green Card (formally known
as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551).
- Applicants must be matriculated (or planning to
matriculate) at accredited colleges and universities
in the United States for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021
academic year and must maintain full-time status
for the entire year.
- $5,000 toward tuition expenses
- One-year student membership for the TDC, including a copy of the TDC annual, keepsakes, and invitations to all TDC programming.