TDC Superscript Scholarship
The 2021 TDC Superscript Scholarship sponsored by Monotype recognizes BIPOC students studying type design at a college or university in the United States.
The $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to one outstanding student currently in their junior year of college or first year of graduate or postgraduate school, who demonstrates exceptional talent and promise in the design and creation of letterforms (typeface, lettering or calligraphy).
Submit your application now by sending a completed application form and pdf portfolio to email@example.com with the subject “2021 Superscript Scholarship Application”. Include a download link (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) or use a file transfer service (wetransfer.com, etc.).
Application deadline: February 26, 2021
- A completed Application
- A written statement
- Three samples of work completed in school
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- A signed statement verifying that it is your work
- Letters of recommendation for those candidates who advance to the second round
- Statement showing financial need
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or be in possession of a Green Card (formally known as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551).
- Applicants must be matriculated (or planning to matriculate) at accredited colleges and universities in the United States for the Spring/Fall 2021 academic year and must maintain full-time status for the entire year.
- $5,000 toward tuition expenses
- One-year student membership for the TDC, including a copy of the TDC annual, keepsakes, and invitations to all TDC programming.