Beatrice Warde Scholarship
The TDC’s first female member, Beatrice Warde, was a journalist, scholar, and passionate advocate of education. Named in her honor and sponsored by Monotype, the scholarship recognizes one female-identifying college junior (in the penultimate year of their undergraduate degree), whose work demonstrates exceptional talent, sophistication, and skill in the use of typography across current media, not just print.
To submit your application send a completed application form and pdf portfolio to email@example.com with the subject “Beatrice Warde Scholarship Application”. Include a download link (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) or use a file transfer service (wetransfer.com, etc.).
Application deadline: February 25, 2022
- A completed application form
- A written statement
- Three samples of work completed at university (please note that if more than three samples are included your entry will be disqualified. Please also ensure that your PDF is no more than 10 pages (an introduction page, and 3 pages each for each of your sample projects). Editing and presenting your work is a key criteria of how you articulate your practice)
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- A signed statement verifying that it is your work
- Letters of recommendation for those candidates who advance to the second round
- $5,000 toward tuition expenses
- One-year student membership for the TDC, which includes a copy of the TDC annual, keepsakes, and invitations to all TDC programming