A one-day conference reflects the changing face(s) of typography
The Type Directors Club celebrates the undeniable significance of typography around the world. We are a global community of experts and enthusiasts who are united by the shared belief that type drives culture. And culture drives type.
Like many industries, typography and type design have long suffered from a lack of diversity and inclusion. But the doors are beginning to widen, revealing a pathway for new ideas, perspectives, and leaders.
The annual Type Drives Culture conference on March 1st reflects the changing face(s) of typography. We’re moving outside of the design canon to feature as many global scripts, diverse designers, and regions as possible.
Our title this year is Type: More _____ Than Ever, an interactive theme that invites new voices to fill in the blank about the present and future of type.
Our exciting lineup includes two of the most influential typeface designers of the 21st century, Fiona Ross and Kris Holmes, along with a new generation of designers and thinkers who are making type more accessible, more global, and more exciting than ever before.
Join us at the SVA Theatre in New York City for this unique opportunity to meet, hear from, and nerd out with type lovers from all over.
Conference highlights include:
- Our Master of Ceremonies, Rich Tu, the Vice President of Design for MTV, AIGA NY board member, and host of First Generation Burden podcast
- Our keynote speaker, type designer, educator, and TDC Medalist Fiona Ross
- Presentations by award-winning designers and thinkers E Roon Kang, Nontsikelelo Mutiti, Wael Morcos, Natasha Jen, Anne Quito, Yotam Hadar, and Ksenya Samarskaya
- An interview with Kris Holmes of Bigelow & Holmes during a live-taping of Debbie Millman’s influential podcast, Design Matters
- A panel discussion with Dan Rhatigan of Adobe Fonts, Irin Kim of Google Fonts, and Charles Nix of Monotype moderated by Juliette Cezzar
- A two-hour reception with the speakers and panelists directly following the programming
Google, Morisawa, Occupant Fonts, A to A Studio Solutions, Facebook Analog Research Lab, Adobe Type, Glyphs, LAFCO New York, SVA Masters in Branding, and Design Matters
No ticket code required. Reduced prices are as marked.
Come help us fill in the blank on March 1st! Learn more on our conference website.
Group rates available via firstname.lastname@example.org
Doors open: 8:15am Coffee
Design & Strategy: Juan Villanueva & Ysabel Yates