From October 1 to November 1, 2019, Sheridan College’s Trafalgar campus in Oakville is presenting The World’s Best Typography exhibition, featuring the winning work of the Type Director Club’s 65th Annual Communications Design and 2019 Typeface Design competitions.
The exhibition, sponsored by Sheridan College and the Sheridan Typographic Hub, is on view on campus until 10:00pm daily in the Sheridan Library Learning Commons — easy driving distance from Toronto, Hamilton, and Buffalo.
This year’s annual juried exhibition includes hundreds of works that features typography in a wide range of categories including books, posters, corporate branding, logos, web graphics, film and TV titles, products, and magazines.
Professional and student communications design work from many countries will be on display, including the United States, France, Germany, Japan, Spain, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the People’s Republic of China, South Korea, and others.
Visitors will have an opportunity to experience the works up close, pick up the books, examine the exquisite bookbinding, touch the packaging, and look through the printed magazines.
This event is free and open to the public seven days a week. Parking at Sheridan is free on weekends.
Please contact Renée Alleyn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Read more about these Judges’ Choices, which are featured in this exhibition:
- Tien-Min Liao’s Ribaasu typeface design selected by Erin McLaughlin
- Rüdiger Schlömer’s Typeknitting book selected by Eddie Opara
- David Galar’s typographic identity system for virtual reality selected by Karin Fong
- State, the innovative variable typeface project created by MICA student Potch Auacherdkul, selected by Zipeng Zhu
- Orientation typeface created by Sandrine Nugue, selected by Kristyan Sarkis
- La Belle et la Bête, the second issue of the art and style magazine Pan & The Dream, created by New York’s Rational Beauty, selected by Ian Spalter