Estación Diseño and the Asociación Andaluza de Diseñadores (AAD) are currently presenting The World’s Best Typography exhibition in Granada through October 10, featuring the winning work of the Type Director Club’s 64th Annual Communications Design and 2018 Typeface Design competitions.
This TDC64 exhibition opens in Grenada following the exhibition’s tour to Tokyo, Seoul, Warsaw, New York, Antwerp, Ontario, Saigon, and Auckland. TDC64’s tour through Spain has included Barcelona, Sabadell, Soria,and Madrid. Read about AAD’s history with Type Directors Club exhibitions and watch the association’s wonderful video tribute here.
On October 10, the final day of the exhibition, Estación Diseño and AAD invite everyone to join in, tour the exhibit, and take part in the closing ceremony.
The exhibition displays typography in a wide range of categories including books, posters, magazines, fanzines, multimedia applications, and animation pieces from many countries including the United States, France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the People’s Republic of China, South Korea, and others.
The exhibition features eighteen typeface design winners selected from over 225 entries from 39 countries. Review the list of award-winning typeface designs from 2018 here, and read more about these Judges’ Choices:
- Cybu Richli’s Russian Revolution poster selected by Nicholas Blechman
- IBM Plex selected by Verena Gerlach
- Posters created by Burrow, Berlin for an exhibition on movement, selected by Mike Essl
- Mirza typeface design by Amir Mahdi Moslehi selected by Sahar Afshar
- A Shakespeare/hip-hop play by Barcelona’s İdil Gücüyener and Anna Kabanina, selected by Jon Key
- An innovative book designed by XXL Studio in Beijing, selected by Bryony Gomez-Palacio
- An open-source CJK typeface, designed by an international team for Google and Adobe, selected by YuJune Park
- A Global Alphabet book by Yuliana Gorkorov, selected by Natasha Jen
- The typeface specimen created by The New York Times Magazine team for last year’s TDC exhibition, selected by Gemma O’Brien
- Lamon typeface by Ditry Lamonov for Art.Lebedev Studio, selected by Dyana Weissman
- The “She Said” cover of The New York Times Magazine, selected by Susan Sellers